Friday, August 11, 2006

Never cry wolf.




As a frequent flyer, I feel particularly concerned by the latest uncovered plot. Not only the very routes and airlines I so often use were on the targeted list, but I find the airport experience increasingly unpleasant. In my latest passage through London-Heathrow, I spent my entire 3 hours layover waiting in line for various and sundry security checks. And that was last June!
While perusing the European press, and its letters to the Editor, I was not surprised to find widespread disbelief that there ever was a plot. Many Europeans are of the firm opinion that the periodic discovery of plots and the perennial alerts, are nothing but political maneuvers from he White House in order to influence elections.
Unfortunately, they are by and large right.
This time, however, I fear they are wrong.
I sense that the murderous Islamists outed by Scotland Yard meant business. What is to be done with people who wilfully murder human beings on a large scale claiming supernatural orders? They have lost their membership in the human race and should be exterminated.
The same goes for Hezbollah, by the way.
A recent article in Brussel's "Le Soir", demonstrates that their fundraising comes from diamond, drugs, and human trafficking. Thus the "party of God" can purchase weapons with which it can target civilians in Israel.
Once again, many Europeans feel compelled to side with the enraged moslems. To wit, the recent demonstration in Brussels where humane minded citizens demonstrated against Israel in a sea of Hezbollah flags.
That we could come to such an aberration is partly due to the wrong choices made by the Bush Administration in Iraq and by its political shenanigans.

No comments: