Saturday, February 09, 2008

Finally



First, the good news: I will finally be sworn in as a US citizen on Monday, February 11. It took a while, but Uncle Sam is now satisfied that I am not hiding any perverse thoughts and I am good to go.
Last week I saw two great movies: "Four Months" a very moving Romamnian film about the consequences of illegal abortions. Great acting and intense plot. I also saw "Atonement" from the eponymous novel by Ian Mc Ewan. Beautiful images and superb cast. For WW II buffs, anglophiles and romantic moviegoers.

I am definitely endorsing Hillary Clinton . And guess what, I can now vote, although it will be too late for the Virginia primaries next tuesday. I do not think Sen. Obama has got the right stuff. I am bothered by the media circus, repelled by his endorsement by Oprah Winfrey (Will she get "State"?), and generally not impressed by his lack of substance.
I know Mrs. Clinton will be ready and I am not bothered by the looming presence of her husband. After all, the conservatives stole his second term, let him have it back . Compared to the actual Commander in chief, he cannot do any worse. Who could.

By the way, now that we know the 9/11 Commission based its conclusions entirely on the confession of tortured prisoners, it is legally null and void. It is time to find out what really happened!

1 comment:

Nick Faber said...

Congratulations on your forthcoming citizenship!

(Although I must say that I take issue with your anti-substance stance on Obama.)